We will use this for gym updates and changes due to the Covid 19 Virus.
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19.
While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
Most of our plans relate to the weather. When it’s 40 degrees or colder, we’ll have the doors closed or partly closed for most of the class. When it’s warmer than 40, we’ll keep the doors open as much as possible. Please bring layers to keep yourself comfortable.
Mandatory face coverings will go into effect when the doors are closed or partially closed. This will be for members and coaches.
- Face covering is to be worn upon entering the gym, in all common areas, and inside the gym when social distancing can’t be achieved.
- You can take your face covering off while you’re properly socially distanced in your workout space inside the gym if you want to.
The main goal is to keep you safe and healthy. I don’t think anyone has all the answers right now, but I think this is a good place to start.
- We’ve installed a virus-killing purifier, Reme Halo, in our HVAC system to help keep our indoor air safe.
- We’ll keep up with our cleaning practices as well as have you as the member continue to do your part in cleaning the equipment you use. Thanks to all for the efforts on this front!
- We’ll continue doing temperature checks in every class.
- We’ll keep the indoor class cap at 8 per class with a strict reservation policy. This might go down further if we find 8 is too many in the colder months.
- Mandatory face coverings will go into effect when the doors are closed or partially closed.
- No matter the weather, we will open the doors up a few times each class to air the gym out and circulate fresh air.
- 24-hour access has moved over to a sign-in system in Wodify. There are specific time slots to pre-register for, and there are only 6 members allowed per slot.
- We will be modifying programming to be more mindful of indoor logistics and the amount of equipment needed.
- I’ll be capping the membership from November to March and will only allow new members if someone else leaves. We currently have around 150 members and will be strictly focused on making current members comfortable and happy.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
Hey CrossFit Wilmette family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breath. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool for good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you’ll find safety information HERE and a breathwork exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I’ll leave this one to Michael Pollan – “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.